In a new low for google autosuggest (remember Cheryl Cole’s fart?), it’s suggesting “arse” as the top suggested search term when you type in Pippa Middleton’s name. Off with their heads …
Interestingly, it’s treating ass and arse as synonyms and showing results from pages using either.
(Update: A I now appear to be the top result for a search on “pippa middleton’s arse”. But not ass. Which is nice.)
I’ve written before about the problems Google Instant has with deciding what to filter and not filter when it comes to rude words. Maybe arse isn’t as rude in the USA … (Update: interest in Pippe Middleton’s arse vs dress)
You might also like
- Google Instant filters put gay and lesbian on a par with rape, racism and paedophilia
- How to work out what Google Instant means for your business
- Google Instant keyboard navigation increases likelihood of clicking PPC ads
- Google autocomplete now fixes spelling problems
- Google puts the anal in analytics
Leave a comment!