The Champions League starts today. And ITV seem to have cocked up their website.
If you go to itv.com/sport/football/ and click ‘Champions League’ at the top, you go to itv.com/sport/football/championsleague/ (first picture – still showing last season’s final).
Clicking ‘Video’ on the left hand menu takes you to championsleague.itv.com/, shown below.
Under the heading ‘watch now’, this site says: “itv.com/football is the new home of football video online … Check out more match action, interviews and exclusive content on our Video Wall of Football.”
Clicking these words takes you back to, er, the first URL I gave.
I’m not sure which site I’d rather they used when they decide where in this infinite loop I should stop.
Should I be forced to get the Silverlight plugin to watch ITV.com’s videos?
Or should I give up as championsleague.itv.com says “You will need a broadband connection using Microsoft Internet Explorer on a PC – unfortunately at the moment the service is not available to view on Mac operating systems. We are not yet supporting Windows Vista as the media player supplied is not yet supported by Microsoft.”
You might also like
- Google treating brand names in search terms as site: searches?
- Newspapers, football, sitelinks, and London bias
- ABCe: Please sort out your terrible website
- ITV.com IA: Man City filed under Man Utd (and anything under Johnstones Paint Trophy)
- ITV shows why websites for mobiles are RUBBISH
Leave a comment!