Bing USA is better than Bing UK as I recently pointed out. And if you use Bing USA, you don’t just get more features – you get to see how Microsoft paints Britain to the Americans.
It’s not a pretty sight as these screenshots show (they also show that nearly all UK-related terms searched for in Bing USA return wikipedia first or second) .
1 Bing USA: Gordon Brown picks his nose
Ouch. Also, that third result is not an official Gordon Brown site – it’s some Christian slagging him off.
2 Bing USA: the FT is theft
SEO David Naylor spotted that one. A comment on the collapse of the banking system perhaps?
3 Bing USA: Lady Di is a dog
And what’s that weird fantasy picture on the right?
4 Bing USA: There is only one pub in London
I’m guessing everyone in it is American if it’s the only one they know about … It must be busy, too.
5 Bing USA: You may be hearing from Ian Duncan Smith’s lawyers …
I’m not sure that telling MP Iain Duncan S
6 Bing USA: UK – meet the University of Kentucky
The second best result for a search in Bing in America for UK is .. the University of Kentucky. Where’s the special relationship now?
If you enjoyed this, you might also like my post on the usability of Bing.
You might also like
- 14 ways Bing UK will get better when it catches up with Bing USA
- 12 ways bing is an absolute usability disaster
- BUSTED: bing defender is Microsoft employee – and have they deleted my post on bing’s usability from bing?
- Bing xRank – it’s rubbish as it can’t distinguise volcanos from 90s bands
- Google indexes 168,000 pages of Bing’s social search results
Leave a comment!