The International FA Board has announced that the wearing of snoods in football matches will be banned from 1 July. Haven’t they got better things to do? A fake Mick McCarthy account has already tweeted “Snoods have been banned by IFAB. A victory for common sense and Mick McCarthy”
People searching for snoods and their banning in Google news are likely to be confused by this result (which shows the danger of including jokes in news stories).
Someone better tell Samir Nasri. Anyway, a FIFA spokesman had previously said that they wanted a debate over whether snoods could be dangerous to footballers: “There may be a safety issue – if a player was running through on goal and an opponent grabbed his snood, that could pose a potential danger to his neck.”
You might also like
- Google Instant filters put gay and lesbian on a par with rape, racism and paedophilia
- How to work out what Google Instant means for your business
- Google Instant keyboard navigation increases likelihood of clicking PPC ads
- Google autocomplete now fixes spelling problems
- Google puts the anal in analytics
Leave a comment!