Google Instant is rolling out – where it starts serving up results as you type, to save you having to press a few more keys in. You can try it as http://www.google.com/webhp?sclient=psy (yes, psy for psychic).
Start looking for analytics, however, and Google shows up its own pages once you get to “anal”.
Oo er missus. Google does have some things in place to stop rude stuff appearing if you’re searching for Cockfosters or something:
Q: If an offensive or lewd word is a fraction of my query, will Google push these results in front of me as I type?
A: As always, we provide options to filter the content you see in search. You can choose to set SafeSearch to filter out explicit content, and parents can lock SafeSearch to the strict setting. In addition, autocomplete excludes certain terms related to pornography, violence and hate speech.
Anyone find any examples where you can get rude stuff to appear? Funbags and jubblies are filtered out. How did they get on the list?!?! (Oh, I promised I’d link to David Waterhouse).
You might also like
- Google Instant filters misfire on video search
- How to change the date in Google Analytics on an iPad
- How to work out what Google Instant means for your business
- Google Instant filters put gay and lesbian on a par with rape, racism and paedophilia
- Pippa Middleton’s arse: classy, Google, classy …
Leave a comment!