There are more than one billion people who use YouTube. If it were a country, it would be the third-largest with more than one billion people. Every day, people watch more than a billion hours of video on their phones.
88 countries around the world have their own versions of YouTube. You can use YouTube in 76 different languages to search for things. It’s thought that 35.6 million people from the UK go to YouTube every month.
Time spent on YouTube grew 40% faster for adults aged 35+ than for everyone else. Male users make up 55% of users, and female users make up the other 45%. YouTube is one of the few social media platforms where people of all ages use it.
Statistics: Why Do They Matter?
Marketers have found that YouTube can be a good way to get their message out there. In fact, 70% of people bought something from a brand after watching something on YouTube. You can also be pretty sure that your target audience is on the platform because there are more than one billion people who use it all over the world.
However, just like with all social networks, you need to know which segments of your audience are on YouTube and what they’re watching. You can make content that speaks to their interests, get the best ROI, and have a lot of success with marketing if you have that information.
That is where YouTube Insight for Audience helps! It is a tool from YouTube that helps find out which people use YouTube and what kind of videos they like.
UK YouTube Usage Stats:
- People in the UK who use YouTube are mostly between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Most people who use YouTube in the UK are between the ages of 25 and 44. That’s 44% of the total number of people who use the site. Most people in the UK used YouTube in January 2020, when 78 percent of people between the ages of 16 and 64 used the internet.
- Even though most YouTube users in the UK are men, the split is about 50-50, meaning that there is content for both men and women.
Why Do Stats Matter?
Whether you are an influencer, a marketer, or a brand seeking to grow awareness, statistics are important. While for some it may be to spread their message and have some fun, for others it means crafting a detailed, perfect marketing strategy.
If you live in the UK or the rest of the world, you can expect more YouTube channels and a lot of people who watch them.
Almost all of the people in the new generation want to know how to become a well-known influencer and make a lot of money through YouTube. Simple enough: Grab a camera, say some wise words, and bam, there you go. Right? Well, there’s more to it than that, but that’s a subject for a different post.
For now, just think about this: If it were easy, everyone would do it, but the rewards are irresistible, not to mention how much fun it would be.