If you have Virgin broadband size L, remember to restart your modem if you’re not getting the 10Mb speed upgrade.
Virgin broadband upgrade finished …
Virgin media finished upgrading broadband size L from 4Mb speed to 10Mb speed in September.
… but you may need to restart your modem
However, Virgin don’t seem to have written to their broadband customers (or perhaps I just missed the memo) to tell them they may need to restart their modem to benefit from the new speed.
Doing so did increase my download speed from just short of 4MB to just short of 10MB.
It’s just a shame the the upgrades were finished at the end of September – and I’ve only just done this. So that’s 2 months of unnecessarily low speeds …
Broadband speed check
You can check your speed at services like speedtest.net (this may not be the easiest one to use, but it looks the coolest!)
You might also like
- Ofcom: we need action not research on broadband speeds
- If you monitor your brand on Twitter, read the tweets before replying …
- September ABCes: How the Guardian and Telegraph overtook the Mail
- How related article lists reduce bounce rates and increase page views
- Microsoft – you asked me to tell you to update your own version of Silverlight …
Leave a comment!