Two weeks ago I pointed out that all tweets and profile pages had identical meta descriptions in google.
Twitter has now implemented my suggestions (cause and effect, I’m sure):
- It uses the full text of individual tweets for the meta description.
- It uses the bio for the meta description on profile pages.
Here’s how tweets used to look in Google
You might also like
- Adding page numbers: How to avoid duplicate titles and meta descriptions in pages 2 and higher of WordPress category and tag pages
- Jan Moir: Don’t forget to change your meta descriptions …
- Unique meta description and meta keyword tags in your WordPress themes
- Twitter’s appearance in Google: sort it out …
- Ignore WordPress’s SEO advice
Leave a comment!