<Update id=”2″>They haven’t pulled it, it’s just at the bottom of the page. No swearing, now … </Update>
<Update> Looks like they’ve pulled it. The heading is now ‘Our tweets’ and shows only their tweets, not other people’s. And Josh has pointed out that Digital Britain has nothing to do with Ofcom. So I’ve changed the heading …</Update>
Ofcom and the Digital Britain Forum haven’t learned the lessons from the Telegraph’s problems with publishing unmoderated Twitter feeds.
If you go to the Digital Britain Forum website, there’s a feed of tweets including #digitalbritain.
Such as the one shown at the top of this screenshot with ‘Fucking marvellous’ as part of it.
I think it’s time for Charles Arthur to launch Twackdown 2 on Lord Carter, the Communications Minister responsible for the Digital Britain report and forum.
As he said last time: “”If you offer people a wall, don’t be surprised if some try to piss on it. Bank on it.
You might also like
- Proper transcript of Stephen Fry’s scathing assault on Digital Britain strategy
- Has Johnston Press Digital Publishing looked at itself in google news?
- Cash Gordon: Do people REALLY not know the dangers of unfiltered twitter streams?
- #fixreplies #twitterfail – 4 lessons to learn
- BBC reveals digital marketing spend
Leave a comment!