We’ve all been worrying about Google forcing us to search for search engine optimization when we want to search for search engine optimisation.
I think we can relax, as it turns out hardly anyone searches for either …
Here’s a graph from Google Insights:
It shows that people search for the term SEO about 15 to 20 times more often than they search for either search engine optimisation or optimization. Still, no excuse for Google forcing the -ize spelling on us …
You might also like
- Google: We spell it colouring here
- Announcing the UK SEO blog search engine
- Google autocomplete now fixes spelling problems
- Google’s spelling problems are worse than we thought
- UK searchers starting to prefer US spellings
Leave a comment!