Most sites allowing user-generated content don’t allow people to leave links, or nofollow them.
The Independent newspaper website takes a unique approach and allows spammers to leave keyword-rich links to spam sites – wth no nofollow. Here are some examples …
You might also like
- Trinity Mirror stops selling followed links – Christian Science Monitor starts…
- BBC hoodwinks bloggers with promises of links
- Is Trinity Mirror selling followed links on its ic network?
- External links: the 8 stages of linking-out denial
- Nofollow and internal redirects: sites that accept links – but don’t link out fairly
Leave a comment!