When people search for information and answers, they turn to various search engines. For website owners and SEO experts, learning several sources people go to for happenings around the world, their country, and what they have searched or are searching for can make a huge difference! In this article, you will explore the list of modern tools people use and learn how you can get the most out of them.
Sources People Turn To For Trending Information And Topics
- Yahoo!– Yahoo! is one of the leading search engines, and it offers varying web-based services. Its “Trending Now” section on the homepage displays daily top search results, giving users an overview of current events and the latest news.
- AOL Homepage & AOL Hot Search Blog (Use the Red Searches Box)– As one of the largest websites, AOL.com keeps attracting more smartphone users. Recently, AOL redesigned its interface. This interface delivers content and news driven by real-time trends and audience, making getting trending news easy as a breeze.
- GoogleTrends- With Google Trends, you can easily spot keywords that are becoming popular. Thus, it will be easier to create content around keywords people search for on the web. Also, Google Trends prevents users from creating content fast becoming less popular. When using Google Trends to figure out what’s trending, be sure to expand the timeframe to only the last two to three years. Although, by default, data from Google Trends is from the previous year.
- Hitwise Data Center- Are you a lover of numbers? You’ve to strike a deal with Hitwise Data Center. Hitwise unveiled a data center that can be accessed by the public on its site. The data include top keywords and most trafficked sites. This data is open to bloggers, businesses, marketers, media, academics, and the general public.
- Surchur- Surchur is a blog, web, video, image, and social media search engine. This website delivers a comprehensive and well-designed view into the real-time web. Far from being a search engine, Surchur is also an empty box, waiting for your queries. It also serves as a homepage where the latest trends can be tracked. The main page features trending topics on Twitter Search, Google Trends, Yahoo, Technorati Popular, and CNN. You can glance through conversations and information that are hot right now.
- Google News- Google News is a modern personalized news aggregator. It highlights and organizes what’s happening, helping content creators discover more about trending stories. For example, the keyword: “how to heal” reached an all-time peak this year.
Two Google Tools To Utilize
There are several tools developed by Google for web owners. These are tools that display real-time keywords people are currently searching for. You can bid for these keywords and rank for them. These tools include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Insights
Now that you have explored these powerful trend tracking sources, what next? Find out what people are searching for right now! Use these tools to enhance your website visibility and up your game with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).