Google appears to be testing making author profiles more prominent in its search results (or else it’s changed it and no one told me).
In the past, they used to be shoved over on the right hand side (EG see the screenshot here). Now they are integrated into the search results – with a bit prominent link to my google+ profile. See this screenshot of a site: search for this site (I see similar on other sites, too).
Author pictures integrated
Anyone else see this? You can add author pictures by following these instructions (which were recently simplified).
You might also like
- Google gives big sites a free pass on author profile pictures
- Google Local SEO: new layout makes it a million times more important
- Google reduces the font size of publication names in its news results
- Google adds remove option to Google Autocomplete
- Surely Google doesn’t think Mashable is a content farm?
Leave a comment!